I know it’s already August 6th, but don’t worry — part of the reason I’ve been slow to post is that I’ve wasted no time in acting on this list. I have a tasty g-f zucchini spice bread recipe comin’ soon. 🙂 For now here are some ways I plan to embrace and celebrate August — please share if you have any more ideas!
- Bask at the pool before it closes
- Go to a lavender farm
- Go berry picking (blackberries, I hope?!)
- Go to farmer’s markets for peak summer produce
- Eat and cook with said produce — peaches, zucchini, basil, etc.
- Do something on a river (canoe, kayak, rope swing) if time allows
- Have a bonfire and make s’mores
- Celebrate “Back to School” by taking a nostalgic walk through campus, acquiring a confidence-boosting new outfit, and getting organized/re-energized for the year (even though I’m not a student anymore!)
I’d like to add things like ‘go to a county fair’ and ‘take a mini roadtrip,’ but my August weekends will be delightfully occupied with pre-wedding festivities for a friend. Hopefully you will have time to do the things that I cannot! 🙂
I also have a long DIY To-do/Wish-list… hopefully I can share some of it soon.
Now let’s turn off our computers and go bask!